What’s The Healing Time For Cosmetic Surgery?
If you’re contemplating a facial cosmetic procedure or a body contouring solution, you’re likely wondering, how long it takes to heal from cosmetic surgery. It’s a common question from patients who want to partner with a top plastic surgeon in Vail, CO. You need to ensure you can take the appropriate time off work and give your body the necessary amount of time to heal properly. But time isn’t the only ingredient to consider when nursing your body back to full strength. The Mangat Copit Plastic Surgery team will guide you when it comes to what to eat after cosmetic surgery and when to schedule your follow-up visits.
Plastic Surgery Healing Time
There’s no one definite answer to how long it takes for a plastic surgery procedure to heal. Depending on the surgical solution you have performed, you may need as little as a couple days or should plan for two to three weeks of down time. While no one body is the same, your Vail, CO plastic surgeon will guide you on the healing process and when you can return to normal activities. Below is an outline of the most popular procedures and when, on average, you can expect healing to be complete.
- Breast Augmentation: Most patients feel back-to-normal within a week to 10 days, but a full recovery can take up to six weeks. Your doctor will instruct you on when you can return to working out, lifting heavy objects, and other strenuous activities.
- Liposuction: Healing from liposuction will vary depending on the affected area. For small areas of treatment, you can typically return to work within three days. For large body contouring procedures, you should plan to take about 10 days off work. Most liposuction solutions are healed in two weeks.
- Tummy Tuck: While you may be able to return to work sooner, you should plan for about six weeks to complete your recovery from a tummy tuck. A mini tummy tuck will call for less down time.
- Facelift: After initial bruising and swelling from a facelift, most patients are able to heal within 2 weeks and return to strenuous activities after 6 weeks.
- Lip Augmentation: Most healing of a lip augmentation will be complete after 24 hours. Slight bruising and swelling may occur for a week.
- Chemical Peel: The results of a chemical peel are typically visible after two to seven days. The peel may cause redness, swelling, or tightness. Your plastic surgeon can use a soothing gel following the treatment to help protect the new layer of skin.
Speak with your Vail, CO plastic surgeon to determine which procedure is right for you. Ask about the downtime of each surgical solution. It’s important you follow your doctor’s healing instructions to avoid any complications and get the best results.
Maintain Plastic Surgery Results
A healthy diet and lifestyle are the most effective ways to maintain the results of your plastic surgery. Limiting your alcohol, avoiding smoking, and eating a well-balanced diet will give you the lasting results you want after a facial or body contouring procedure.