Achieving significant weight loss, whether through diet and exercise or bariatric surgery, is a major, life-changing accomplishment. Unfortunately, for many people, losing weight is not the end of the journey – they are left with excess skin that droops, sags, and is uncomfortable and visually unpleasant.
Advanced surgical techniques to tighten and firm your body after weight loss
Each person is unique, and at Mangat Plastic Surgery in the Vail Valley, we perform a wide range of custom surgical procedures to create a more aesthetic appearance. Your customized skin tightening procedure may include:
- Tummy tuck: Tummy tuck surgery targets loose skin on the stomach, weakened abdominal muscles, and the belly button. It involves a curved horizontal incision in the lower abdomen, in an area that remains hidden by undergarments and bathing suits. To reconstruct the belly button, a circular incision is made around the belly button.
- Arm lift: Arm lift surgery targets flabby skin on the upper arms. This procedure may involve liposuction to remove excess fatty tissue and an incision in the armpit, possibly extending down the length of the inner arm to the elbow. These incisions allow our surgeons to tighten the underlying structures and the skin.
- Thigh lift: Thigh lift techniques target excess skin on the back, front, inside, or outside of the thighs. The technique and incision will depend on the degree and location of the excess skin.
- Buttock lift: The buttock lift procedure treats loose skin and uneven fat distribution on the butt. We will choose an incision technique that will allow for sufficient skin removal. In some cases, an implant may be placed to augment the size and shape of the buttocks.
- Body lift: Body lift surgery targets loose skin on the back, buttocks, thighs, and stomach. First, our surgeons address the backside, and then they perform tummy tuck and thigh lift techniques through the frontal incisions.
- Breast lift: Men and women may have loose, hanging skin on the breasts. A breast lift, or mastopexy, can be used to tighten and lift your breasts and adjust the size and position of the nipples.