For mothers, childbirth is among the most rewarding and fulfilling experience in life, bringing joy and happiness to their families. Unfortunately, this experience can also take a toll on your body that can be hard to accept.
Advanced surgical techniques for a mommy makeover
A mommy makeover is not a single procedure, but instead is a custom combination of advanced procedures to address each aspect of your body. Your unique plan will depend on how your body has responded to pregnancy and breastfeeding. Some women lose volume in their breasts after pregnancy, while others gain it, for example. Pregnancy affects each woman differently, but the most popular mommy makeover procedures include:
- Breast augmentation: If your breasts have lost fatty tissue, breast augmentation is often the most appropriate solution. In this procedure, saline or silicone gel implants are inserted to restore lost volume and enhance the size of the breasts. Breast augmentation surgery also results in mild lifting of the breasts.
- Breast lift: Breast lift surgery is best suited to women that have sagging breasts, loose breast skin, nipples that point downward, and nipples that have grown in size. The breast lift technique will be customized to your specific needs.
- Breast reduction: Some women find that the breasts are larger in size after pregnancy. Women that feel the breasts are overly large may be good candidates for breast reduction surgery. Breast reduction techniques allow for the removal of excess fat and tissue, lifting of the breasts, and nipple resizing and repositioning.
- Tummy tuck: Tummy tuck surgery treats loose abdominal skin, stretch marks on the lower abdomen, and weakened abdominal muscles, conditions that are common in women that have had more than one child. Your tummy tuck may also involve the reconstruction of your belly button.
- Liposuction: During pregnancy, excess fat accumulates in the stomach and other areas of the body. It may be difficult to rid the stomach and other problem areas of this excess fat after pregnancy. Liposuction can be performed on targeted areas of the body to contour the figure.