Dr. Steven E. Copit has over 28 years of experience in advanced cosmetic surgery of the face, breast and body and is highly regarded in the field of cosmetic surgery and breast reconstruction. Dr. Copit graduated from Duke University and obtained his medical degree from Jefferson Medical College.
Upon graduating, Dr. Copit joined the oldest continuous plastic surgery practice in the United States—at the Thomas Jefferson University Hospital in Philadelphia.
While practicing in Philadelphia from 1995 to 2022, Dr. Copit served for ten years as Chief of the Division of Plastic Surgery and as a Clinical Professor of Surgery at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital.
After maintaining active practices in Philadelphia and the Vail Valley from 2018 to 2022, Dr. Copit now resides in the Vail Valley full-time with his wife, Dr. Debra Copit, and his two college-age sons. Dr. Copit is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and is a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons and the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.
Dr. Copit is highly regarded by his peers in the field of cosmetic surgery of the face, breast and body as well as supporting the Shaw Cancer Center, providing complex breast reconstruction after mastectomy for the treatment of breast cancer. He and the professional team at Mangat Copit Plastic Surgery have garnered a reputation as the premier surgery center in the Vail Valley and the state of Colorado.
2021 Living Beyond Breast Cancer Founders Awardee: Dr. Steven E. Copit
Steve E. Copit, MD has received the honor of The Founders Award, from Living Beyond Breast Cancer, for his longstanding and incredible support of LBBC and the people they serve. The Founders Award is awarded to those who deserve recognition for their sustained commitment to the LBBC’s mission. Read more about this recognition here.
- Bachelor of Science: Duke University
- Medical School: Jefferson Medical College
- Residency in General Surgery: Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
- Residency in Plastic Surgery: University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center (Resident Teaching Award)
- Board Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
- Board Certified: American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Board Certified: American Society for Aesthetic Surgery
- Chief of Plastic Surgery: Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
- Clinical Professor of Surgery: Thomas Jefferson University